Seminar Invitation: Managing Risk – Employee Fraud & Misconduct
Additional sessions scheduled – places are filling fast – book now to avoid disappointment
In recent times we have seen an increase in the number of employees being involved in fraudulent activities, or being involved in inappropriate activities after hours. This seminar will look at the action employers should be taking to prevent such issues arising and whether an employer can act against employees for things that happen “after hours”.
The presentation will be conducted by HR Legal in conjunction with Discovery Training and will cover:
- Responding to suspected employee fraud – know your rights about investigation and action including reviewing emails and searching property
- Misconduct after hours, such as drug use and threatening behaviour revealed on face book- what you can do as an employer.
- Responding to theft of intellectual property
- Criminal records and discrimination
- How to reduce the risk within your workplace
- Pre-employment checks
- Express terms in contracts
- Systems and policies
- Monitoring and surveillance
- Being aware of the warning signs
Sessions will be held on:
- Tuesday 28 May 2013 12:30pm to 2:00pm – light lunch provided – booked out
- Tuesday 28 May 2013 5:00pm to 6:30pm with refreshments
- Thursday 30 May 2013 8:00am to 9:30am with breakfast – 2 places left
- Monday 3 June 2013 5:00pm to 6:30pm with refreshments – filling fast
- Tuesday 4 June 2013 12:30pm to 2:00pm – light lunch provided – booked out
- Thursday 6 June 2013 8:00am to 9:30am with breakfast – booked out
- Wednesday 12 June 2013 12:30pm to 2:00pm – light lunch provided
- Thursday 13 June 2013 12:30pm to 2:00pm – light lunch provided
If you would like to attend, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and nominate your preferred session.
You’re welcome to invite a colleague, please include their name and email address in your response.
We hope that you can attend.
The HR Legal team is well placed to provide your business with practical and effective legal services to deal with the complex and changing workplace relations environment including Fair Work Australia legislation.
(1300 47 5342)
+61 3 9948 2450
Level 11 Como Office Tower
644 Chapel Street South Yarra 3141